Use & Care
COOKIE HOUSE MOLDS
- Hot silicone can cause burns if handled improperly. Always use heat-resistant oven mitts or pads when you're handling or placing on surfaces.
- Do not use under the broiler or on a direct heat source.
- Not recommended for microwave use.
- Do not insert toothpicks, knives, or other sharp objects into the mold. They can puncture the silicone.
- Wash before using for the first time; dishwasher-safe. Rinse before putting in the dishwasher.
- Aerosol nonstick spray is not recommended; it will create a sticky residue which is difficult to clean.
- To deep clean, prepare a baking soda paste by mixing 1/2 cup (125 mL) of baking soda with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of water. Apply it as needed and let it dry completely. Rinse with hot water and dish soap.
- Don’t use abrasive sponges. They can damage the mold.
USE AND CARE
- Freezer- and oven-safe to 450°F (230°C).
- For stability, place the molds on a cookie sheet for baking.
- 1 pkg (16 oz./450 g) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ¾ cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) molasses
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Crumble the cookie dough into a mixing bowl. Stir in the flour, molasses, and spices until well combined (you may need to use your hands).
- Divide the dough into the cookie house molds. Brush the molds with oil to prevent sticking. Use a Medium Scoop to add 3 scoops of dough into the roof pieces, 3 scoops into the front and back pieces, and 2 1/2 scoops into the wall pieces. Press the dough into the molds with your fingers to cover the full surface area of the pieces. Place any remaining dough in the spots that are thin.
- Smooth out the top of the dough with the Baker’s Roller®.
- Place the molds on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until the cookies are light, golden brown. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven to a cooling rack and cool for 12 minutes. Then, carefully remove the cookie pieces from the molds.
- 4 cups (1 L) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) meringue powder
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) cream of tartar
- 6–7 tbsp (90–105 mL) water
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to beat the ingredients at medium speed for 5–7 minutes, or until icing is glossy and holds peaks.
Note: The meringue powder and water can be substituted for 3 pasteurized egg whites. Icing dries very quickly; cover with a damp towel when not being used.
- Use a cake board or platter as a base for your house. Once the gingerbread pieces are completely cooled, fill a decorating bag with the Royal Icing.
- Start with the front piece and a side wall piece. Be sure that the patterned sides are facing out. Decide where to place the house on the base. Using even pressure, squeeze the icing onto the surface of the inside edge of the front piece and the bottom of both the front and side wall piece. Place the pieces on the base and gently press the front piece and the side wall together. Hold in place for about 1 minute, or until icing sets.
- Squeeze the icing onto the surface of the opposite inside edge of the front piece and the bottom of the other side wall piece. Gently press the other side wall piece into place. Hold in place until icing sets. Place back piece in similar way.
- To attach the roof pieces, squeeze the icing completely around the top edge of the assembled front and back piece to create the roofline. Squeeze a line of icing on the top of one roof piece where the two roof pieces will meet. Place the roof pieces in place and gently press together until the icing holds the roof securely in place.
- Gently trim any “over-baked” edges using a serrated knife and a sawing motion.
- One-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.
Made in Vietnam
SMALL DECORATING BAG SET
- Coupler Base
- Coupler Ring
- Writing Tip
- Closed Star Tip
- Ribbon/Ruffle Tip
- Wash before using for the first time; dishwasher-safe when placed away from the heating element. Tips and coupler should be placed in the utensil basket. Turn the bag inside out and place on the top rack with the loop over the prong.
USE AND CARE
The bag comes pre-cut to fit coupler.
- Choose a tip.
- Remove the ring from the coupler base.
- Drop the coupler base, narrow end first, into the bag. Push the coupler base down through opening until the bag end is halfway down the threads.
- Place a decorating tip over the coupler base.
- Put the ring over the tip and twist until the tip is firmly secured.
To fill bag:
- Hold the bag in one hand with the tip side down. Tip: Place the bag, tip side down in a Measure-All ® Cup (or other tall narrow cup) for easier handling.
- Fold the top of the bag down halfway to form a generous cuff over your hand.
- With a spreader or spatula, add icing to the top of cuffed bag. Note: It is important not to overfill the bag. Excess icing may squeeze out of the wrong end.
- Remove the icing from the spreader or spatula by scraping along the side of the bag.
- Unfold the cuff and twist the bag closed to force icing down. Note: Make sure to release any air trapped in the bag by squeezing some of the icing out of the tip.
- Place a Twixit! Clip over the twist in the bag to secure.
- Once no more icing remains, either refill bag or use Twixit! Clip to push icing residue toward tip by sliding clip down the bag.
• One-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.
Made in ChinaGuarantee