Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried oregano
- 1 can (28 oz or 796 mL) Italian plum tomatoes, undrained
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Combine pressed garlic, oil, red pepper flakes, basil and oregano in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes with their juices to saucepan. Use Mix ‘N Chop to chop tomatoes in pan.
Cook, stirring occasionally, 25-35 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 2 cups (500 mL) servings of 2 tbsp / 30 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 25, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g
1/2 cup/125 mL – 1 cup/250 mL sauce for one large crust pizza
This sauce also tastes great as a dipping sauce for cheese sticks. Store remaining sauce in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze sauce for up to 6 months.