Cheddar Cheese Crisps
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (do not use pre-shredded cheese) (2 oz/60 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese (2 oz/60 g)
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) dried dill weed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C). In large mixing bowl, mix butter, cheeses, dill, mustard and water on low speed of electric mixer 30 seconds or until well blended. Add flour; mix just until flour is incorporated and dough pulls away from sides of bowl (do not over-mix).
Fit Cookie Press with disk #4; fill with dough. Press long, continuous strips of dough across length of Cookie Sheet. Cut each strip into 1 1/2-in. (4-cm) rectangles. Using Mini-Serving Spatula, move rectangles 1 in. (2.5 cm) apart for even baking.
Bake 10-14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- about 5 dozen
servings of 1 crisp
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 30, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 40 mg, Fiber 0
If using other disks, fit Cookie Press with desired disk; fill with dough. Press dough onto Cookie Sheet 1 in. (2.5 cm.) apart; bake 16-20 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
Yield: About 3 dozen
Nutrients per serving (1 crisp): Calories 50, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 65 mg, Fiber 0 g