Colossal Chopped Salad
- 1 pkg (16 oz/450 g) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 small head broccoli
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced pitted ripe olives
- 2 oz (60 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup/125 mL)
- 1 cup (250 mL) Italian or ranch salad dressing
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold running water. Spoon pasta onto large serving platter.
Meanwhile, using Forged Knife - Chef's, thinly slice lettuce, carrot and red onion. Coarsely chop broccoli. Slice tomatoes into thin wedges.
Top pasta with lettuce, broccoli, carrot, onion, tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over vegetables. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- 16 servings of 1 cup (250 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 220 mg, Fiber 2 g