Grilled "Baked" Potatoes with Chive Sour Cream
- 4 large baking potatoes (3 lbs/1.4 kg) (see Cook's Tip)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) snipped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- Optional toppings such as butter, chopped cooked bacon and shredded cheddar cheese
Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Brush potatoes with oil; sprinkle evenly with salt. Place potatoes horizontally onto prongs of BBQ Vegetable Rack. Grill, covered, 35–40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove rack from grill. Remove potatoes from rack.
Meanwhile, for chive sour cream, combine sour cream, chives, pressed garlic and black pepper; mix well. Serve potatoes with chive sour cream and toppings, if desired.
- 4 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 750 mg, Carbohydrate 63 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 8 g
To ensure even cooking, purchase potatoes that are all similar in size.