Mediterranean-Style Baked Rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes (about 6 oz/175 g)
- 2 green onions, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) uncooked converted white rice
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen mixed peas and carrots, thawed
- 4 oz (125 g) tomato basil feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup/250 mL)
In small bowl, combine seasoning mix, oil, and pressed garlic. In Small Baker, combine rice, tomatoes, green onion bottoms and seasoning mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.
Microwave chicken stock in Small Batter Bowl, uncovered, on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until boiling. Pour over rice mixture; mix well. Cover baker tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil or 2 sheets of regular foil. Bake 30 minutes.
Remove baker to cooling rack; allow to stand covered for 5 minutes.
Fluff rice; stir in peas, carrots and feta cheese. Sprinkle with green onion tops.
- 14 servings of about 2/3 cup/150 mL
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (about 2/3 cup/150 mL): Calories 140, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g