Pressure Cooker Beet Salad
Beets are easy to cook in a pressure cooker. Add arugula, feta, and top with a tangy dressing for a refreshing salad any time of year.
- 1 lb. (450 g) golden beets (about 4 medium), cleaned and peeled
- ¾ cup (175 mL) orange juice
- ½ cup (125 mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey or agave
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 5 oz. (150 g) arugula (about 4 cups/1 L)
- 5 oz. (150 g) feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- Optional toppings: Slivered almonds, dried cranberries
Cut the beets into ¼" (6-mm) slices and place in the inner pot of the Deluxe Multi Cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, oil, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder; pour over the beets.
Set to CUSTOM (high pressure) for 10 minutes. When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Press STEAM-RELEASE to manually release the pressure. Drain the beets, reserving ⅓ cup (75 mL) of the cooking liquid. Place the beets in the refrigerator (see cook’s tip).
- For the dressing, whisk together the sour cream and the reserved liquid until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, alternately arrange the beets and tomato slices on a platter. Top with the arugula and feta. Sprinkle on the almonds and cranberries, if you’d like. Drizzle with the dressing or serve on the side.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 27 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 1,090 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 14 g (includes 3 g added sugar), Protein 6 g
To clean beets, cut the top and bottom off, then peel with a vegetable peeler or paring knife.
If you’d like to serve the salad right away, you can place the cooked beets in an ice bath to quickly cool them.
Any color beets will work. If you use red beets, the cooking liquid will make a bright pink dressing!