Deep Covered Baker No-Knead Bread
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) rub (see cook's tip)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) quick-rising yeast
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1½ cups (375 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola or olive oil, divided (see cook’s tip)
- Mix the flour, seasoning mix, yeast, and salt in large mixing bowl. Add the water and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil to flour mixture; stir until blended. (The dough will be slightly sticky.)
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise at room temperature for 6–10 hours, or until dough is doubled in size.
- Brush Deep Covered Baker with the remaining oil.
- Place the dough onto a floured Pastry Mat and lightly sprinkle the top of the dough with flour. Fold the dough over itself three or four times and place it into baker.
- Microwave 2 cups (500 mL) of water in the Small Batter Bowl for 3–-5 minutes, or until it’s boiling.
- Place the uncovered baker into a cold oven and place the batter bowl next to it. Close the oven and let the dough rise for 1 hour, or until it’s doubled in size.
- Carefully remove the baker and batter bowl from the oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Cover the baker with the lid and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake another 10-–15 minutes, or until the bread is deep golden brown.
- Remove the baker from the oven. Carefully move bread from baker to a cooling rack; cool for at least 20 minutes.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 0 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 3 g
Try any of the following pantry rubs or seasoning mixes: All-Purpose Dill Mix, Italian Seasoning Mix, Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub, or Garlic & Herb Rub. You can use Garlic-Infused Canola Oil instead of canola or olive oil if you'd like. To make this recipe in the Mini Deep Covered Baker, halve the ingredients and prepare as directed above.