Broccoli Bow-Tie Salad
This lighter version of a classic broccoli salad will be the hit of your next summer party!
- 8 oz (250 g) fresh broccoli florets
- ½ medium red onion (see Cook's tip)
- 2 small carrots
- 4 oz (125 g) reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) purple grapes
- ¼–½ cup (50–125 mL) real bacon bits
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked farfalle pasta
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) 2% low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
Use the Quick Slice to slice the broccoli. Cut the ends off of the onion. Cut in half lengthwise and slice into half moons.
Combine the vegetables, grapes, cheese, bacon, and cooked pasta in a large Glass Mixing Bowl.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix to coat.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
US Nutrients per serving (about 1 cup/250 mL): Calories 200, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 550 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 13 g
To take some of the bite out of the red onion, soak the onion slices in ice water for at least 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.