Apple Shaped Truffles
These simple and impressive truffles will delight guests at your next gathering.
- 15 crème-filled chocolate-mint sandwich cookies
- 2 oz (60 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg (6 oz or 175 g) red candy melts
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 9 pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 18 green jelly beans
Break cookies in half and place into Manual Food Processor; cover and pump handle to form very fine crumbs. Add cream cheese; process until dough forms. Using level Small Scoop, scoop cookie mixture onto Medium Sheet Pan lined with parchment paper; roll into balls.
In 2-cup Prep Bowl, microwave red candy melts and 1 tsp. vegetable oil for one to two minutes or until mostly melted, stirring halfway through. Cool slightly. Dip truffles; place onto pan. Let stand 5 minutes or until set.
To decorate, insert half a small pretzel stick into the truffle and add a green jelly bean for a leaf. Refrigerate until set.
- about 1 1/2 dozen servings of 1 truffle