Ultimate BLT Sandwiches
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 slices oatmeal sandwich bread
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves, cut in half
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices Havarti cheese (4 oz/125 g)
Place garlic in Small Ridged Baker. Top with six of the bacon slices, slightly overlapping. Cover with Parchment Paper; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes. Carefully remove baker from microwave using Oven Mitts; separate bacon. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Transfer bacon and garlic to paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining bacon.
Finely chop garlic; peel and remove pit from avocado. Combine garlic, avocado, mayonnaise and black pepper in small mixing bowl; mix well.
To assemble sandwiches, cut bacon crosswise in half. Spread avocado mixture evenly over half of the bread slices; top with bacon, lettuce, tomato slices, cheese and remaining bread.
- 4 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 630, Total Fat 45 g, Saturated Fat 14 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 25 g, Sodium 1330 mg, Fiber 6 g