Tortellini Chicken Soup
Here’s a cozy comfort food with real Italian flair. This reduced-fat recipe is especially appreciated on a cold winter day. So flavorful, and yet so easy!
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) celery, thinly sliced
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-in (1 cm) cubes
- 1 can (14 oz/397 g) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) cheese-filled tortellini, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp (2 L) dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley, snipped
Slice carrots with Crinkle Cutter. Chop onion with Food Chopper. Slice celery with Chef's Knife. Lightly spray (4-qt./3.-L) Casserole with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Cook chicken over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients except parsley. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer over medium-low heat 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Meanwhile, snip parsley with Professional Shears. Just before serving, remove bay leaf and stir in parsley.
- 6 servings of 1 1/2 cups soup
Nutrients per serving:
Approximately 211 calories and 5 grams of fat per serving