Asian Cobb Salad
This colorful and healthy salad will steal the spotlight from overplayed restaurant salads.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lite Asian vinaigrette salad dressing
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 bag (6 oz/175 g) fresh baby spinach leaves (about 4 cups/1 L)
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1/2 medium seedless cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) snow peas, trimmed
- 1 small red onion
- 4 radishes
- 1 1/4 lbs (575 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
For salad, rinse spinach; spin dry using Salad & Berry Spinner. Arrange spinach over Large Bamboo Platter, mounding slightly. Dice mangoes (see Cook's Tip). Dice cucumber and thinly slice peas on a diagonal using Santoku Knife. Slice onion crosswise using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with adjustable slicing blade on thin setting; cut rings in half. Thinly slice radishes using mandoline; cut slices into strips. Top spinach with even sections of cucumber, onion, peas, radishes and mangoes, leaving a space for chicken.
Heat Grill Pan and Grill Press over medium heat 5 minutes. Brush chicken with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Sprinkle chicken with remaining seasoning mix. Place chicken in pan; cover with press and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C). Remove chicken from pan; thinly slice and place over salad. If desired, coarsely chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over salad. To serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss using Bamboo Salad Claws.
- 9 cups/2.1 L
6 servings of 1 1/2
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 450 mg, Fiber 4 g
To easily peel and cut mango into wedges, cut off top and bottom of mango to form a flat base; stand upright. Use the Mango Wedger to remove flesh. Cut flesh from skin using Avocado Peeler.