This simple, vegan one-pot pasta dish brims with cozy Mediterranean flavors and can feed a crowd. It’s wonderful as a main or side dish.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) orzo pasta
- 1 can (14.5 oz./411 g) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15.5 oz./440 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Greek Rub
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 5 oz. (150 g) baby spinach leaves
- Optional: Crumbled feta cheese, sliced kalamata olives
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Heat the oil in the 6-qt. (5.7-L) Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Working in batches, chop the onion and bell peppers in the Manual Food Processor. Add to the Dutch oven and cook until softened, about 3–4 minutes.
Add the broth, orzo, tomatoes, chickpeas, rub, red pepper flakes, and salt; bring to a simmer.
Remove from the heat. Stir in the spinach. Cover and bake until the liquid has been absorbed and the orzo is soft, about 12–14 minutes.
If you like, top with feta and olives.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 670 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Fiber 5 g, Total Sugars 9 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 11 g