Steak QuesaritoCheesy and fun, these rolled burritos are great for kids and adults alike.
- ¾ cup (175 mL) long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 ¼ cups (300 mL) water
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) chunky salsa
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Chipotle Rub
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 lb (450g) sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Chipotle Rub
- Chipotle Cream
- ½ cup (125mL) sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Chipotle Rub
- ½ lime, juiced
- 8 flour tortillas (10 in./25 cm)
- 12 oz (350 g) cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine the rice, water, and salsa in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce to low heat. Cook for 13–15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed. Remove it from heat, add the rub, fluff the rice, and add the cilantro and lime juice; set aside.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of the steak with the rub. Heat a large cast iron pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the steak for 5–7 minutes on each side, or until it reaches 140°F (63°C) for medium-rare doneness or 155°F (68°C) for medium-well doneness. Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing it thinly against the grain.
- Stir the sour cream, Chipotle Rub, and lime juice together in a small bowl and set aside.
- To prepare the quesadillas, sprinkle the cheese evenly onto 4 tortillas and place another tortilla on top of the cheese. Microwave each quesadilla for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted. Flip the quesadillas after removing them from the microwave.
- To assemble the burritos, top each quesadilla with rice, steak, chipotle cream sauce, and any other toppings you’d like. Fold the quesadillas into burritos by folding the sides up toward the middle and rolling the bottom edge over the filling.
- Serve with additional chipotle cream sauce.
- 4 servings