Roasted Shrimp Salad
You'll love this smoky shrimp salad with fresh seasonal vegetables.
- 1 lb. (450 g) large shrimp (31–40 count), peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 pint (283 g) grape tomatoes (2 cups/500 mL)
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) Smoky Applewood Rub, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 small lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp/30 mL)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) sweet corn
- 5 oz. (150 g) baby arugula
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
Combine the shrimp, tomatoes, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the rub, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, honey, and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the lemon juice. Toss to coat and marinate for 10 minutes.
For the dressing, whisk the sour cream, remaining olive oil, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the lemon juice, and remaining rub.
Place the marinated shrimp and tomatoes in a single layer on a baking tray and roast until the shrimp turns pink, about 8–10 minutes.
In a large bowl combine the corn, arugula, avocado, and red onion. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat. Top the salad with the roasted tomatoes and shrimp.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Sodium 690 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 6 g (includes 3 g added sugar), Protein 13 g
Salad Switch-Up: If you swap in chicken for the shrimp, cook for 10–12 minutes or until cooked through.
Great With Other Greens: We love the slight spiciness of arugula in this salad, but you can use baby kale, spinach, or chopped romaine lettuce instead.