Beef Burrito Bowl
This burrito bowl uses our Chipotle Rub to add a smoky, spicy kick to ground beef and fresh tomato salsa.
- Burrito Bowl
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Chipotle Rub
- 1 can (4 oz./113 g) diced green chiles
- 2 cups (500 mL) white, brown, or cauliflower rice, cooked
- Optional: Shredded iceberg lettuce or cabbage, Monterey Jack or cotija cheese, tortilla chips, sliced green onion, or cilantro
- Smoky Salsa
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Chipotle Rub
- Avocado Crema
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream or plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat for 3–4 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking into crumbles until browned, 8–10 minutes. Drain any excess fat from the pan and stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the rub and the chiles. Cook for 1 minute.
To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients; set aside.
Place all the ingredients for the avocado crema in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
Divide the rice into four bowls. Top with beef, salsa, crema, and any other toppings.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 520, Total Fat 31 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 700 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugars 5 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 26 g
Pick Your Protein: Try this recipe with ground chicken, turkey, or a vegetarian ground beef substitute.
Sweeten It Up: Add a little chopped pineapple or mango to the salsa for a sweet twist.