Grilled Salmon Caesar Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 oz/125 g each)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked medium pasta shells, chilled
- 6 cups (1.5 L) thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 pint (500 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) (2 oz/60 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Combine salad dressing, lemon juice, zest and garlic; mix well and set aside. Season salmon fillets with salt and black pepper. Lightly grease grid of grill. Grill, covered, 3 minutes. Carefully turn salmon using BBQ Jumbo Turner. Grill 2-3 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon from grill.
In large bowl, combine pasta, lettuce, tomatoes and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the salad dressing; toss to coat. To serve, place salad onto plates, top with salmon. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 29 g, Sodium 460 mg, Fiber 3 g