Glazed Peppercorn Salmon
- 2 1/4 tsp (11 mL) coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt, divided
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) olive oil, divided
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4-6 oz/125-175 g each)
Place 2 tsp (10 mL) of the black pepper in (8-in./20-cm) Sauté Pan. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Zest orange to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL) zest. Juice orange to measure 1/4 cup (50 mL) of juice. In a small mixing bowl, combine juice, zest, vinegar, shallot, mustard, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt and toasted black pepper. Slowly add 5 tbsp (75 mL) of the oil, whisking constantly. Set aside 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the glaze.
Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Brush salmon with remaining oil and season with remaining salt and black pepper. Grill salmon, covered, 2-3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn salmon over using BBQ Flexible Turner; brush with remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the glaze. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with reserved glaze.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 33 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 23 g, Sodium 590 mg, Fiber 1 g