Creamy Sous Vide Chicken
For less than $4 per serving, you can make the easiest, creamiest, most satisfying sous vide meal in a bag ever.
- 1 can (10.5 oz./284 mL) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 can (14.5 oz./398 mL) green beans, drained
- 1 can (4 oz./125 g) sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. (250 g) egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped parsley
- ½ cup (125 mL) French fried onions
Fill the inner pot of the Deluxe Multi Cooker with water to the 1/2 fill line. Close the lid and select SOUS VIDE. Set the temperature to 145°F (63°C) and the timer to 2 hours. Press and hold START.
- In a large resealable bag, add the soup, soy sauce, pepper, poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, green beans, and mushrooms (if using). Close the bag and use your hands to mix the ingredients.
- Open the bag and add the chicken. Close the bag and remove as much air as you can. Move the chicken around to coat.
- When you hear beeps and Add is displayed, open the lid and submerge the bag into the water, making sure the seal remains above the water. Lock the lid; press START.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL and carefully remove the bag from the water.
- Pour over the noodles and serve with chopped parsley and French fried onions.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 520, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 1,190 mg, Carbohydrate 56 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 2 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 39 g
Try this recipe with other canned vegetables like corn or artichokes. Or, if you have frozen cooked green beans, just thaw them before adding to the bag!
Any condensed soup with a cream base will give you an amazingly rich sauce. Try cream of chicken or cream of asparagus.
To make this recipe even more comforting, you can serve it on mashed potatoes.