Pork Tenderloin Piccata
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb/450 g)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) capers, drained and rinsed (optional)
Combine flour, cornmeal, salt and black pepper in shallow dish. Slice pork into eight 2-in./5-cm-thick slices. Place one slice into a resealable plastic food storage bag. Using flat side of Meat Tenderizer, flatten pork to a 1/4-in. (6-mm) thickness. Coat both sides with flour mixture, shaking off excess. Repeat with remaining pork slices; discard any remaining flour mixture.
Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the butter in (10-in./24-cm) Skillet; heat over medium-high heat, swirling until melted. Add half of the pork slices to Skillet; cook 3 minutes on each side or until pork is golden brown and centers are no longer pink. Remove from skillet to platter; keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.
Add broth, lemon juice, zest and garlic to Skillet. Heat over medium heat 1-2 minutes. Add remaining butter to Skillet; swirl until melted. If desired, sprinkle parsley and capers over pork. Carefully pour sauce over pork slices; serve immediately.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 25 g, Sodium 550 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
Four boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-6 ounces each), flattened, can be substituted for the pork tenderloin, if desired. Proceed as recipe directs.