Broccoli & Ham Strata
- 4 sourdough English muffins, split in half
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pkg (8 oz/175 g) cooked ham steak, diced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Arrange muffin halves, split-side up, evenly over bottom of Large Baker (they will overlap slightly).
Top muffins with half of the cheese. Top with bell pepper, ham and broccoli.
In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt and black pepper until well blended. Pour egg mixture evenly over ingredients in baker.
Bake, uncovered, 35-37 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
Remove baker from oven to cooling rack; top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut strata into 12 squares and serve.
- 12 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Sodium 580 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 16 g
Ham steaks come from the center of the ham and are 94% lean, the leanest part of the ham.
Ham steaks can be found pre-cut in the refrigerated section and are usually about 1-in. (2.5-cm) thick. Or the butcher can slice off a steak from a whole or half ham.