Pasta with Hearty Meat Sauce
- 12 oz (350 g) 90% lean ground beef
- 12 oz (350 g) ground pork
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely diced carrot
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) beef bouillon granules
- 2 cans (28 oz/796 mL) each crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Italian seasoning mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1 lb (450 g) uncooked pasta such as rigatoni or penne
In (4-qt./3.8-L) Casserole, cook ground beef and pork over medium-high heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles (do not brown). Drain using Drainer. Add carrot and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add milk and bouillon; cook and stir until milk is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, seasoning and sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, in (8-qt./7.6-L) Stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain using Drainer. Add sauce to pasta; stir to coat. Serve immediately.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 470, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 58 g, Protein 28 g, Sodium 900 mg, Fiber 5 g