Beef & Broccoli Meatballs
- 1 1" (2.5-cm) piece fresh gingerroot
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 oz (175 g) fresh broccoli florets
- 1½ cups (375 mL) unsalted beef broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) uncooked instant white rice
- 8 oz (250 g) 85% lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) panko bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 oz (125 g) fresh sugar snap peas
Use the Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater or Zester to grate the ginger into the Small Batter Bowl to get 1–2 tsp (5–10 mL). Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic pressed with the Garlic Press; whisk until combined. Transfer 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the sauce to a large bowl for the meatballs.
Working in batches, place the broccoli in the Manual Food Processor and process until finely chopped (about 1½ cups/375 mL chopped). Add to the large bowl.
Add the beef broth to the remaining sauce in the batter bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the sauce into the Deep Covered Baker. Add the rice and stir gently.
Add the beef, panko, whites of the green onions, and egg to the large bowl. Use gloved hands to combine the mixture.
Use the Medium Scoop to shape the mixture into about 15 meatballs, then place them on top of the rice in the baker. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 9–11 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meatballs reaches 160°F (71°C) and the rice is cooked.
Remove the lid and add the snap peas. Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 3–4 minutes, or until the snap peas are crisp-tender.
Remove the baker from the microwave and garnish with the remaining green onion.
- 5 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (about 1½ cups/375 mL): Calories 370, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 720 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 16 g, Protein 16 g