Quick Chicken & Broccoli Rice
- 3 cups (750 mL) unsalted chicken stock or broth
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) uncooked converted long grain rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Three Onion Rub
- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g) chicken tenders, cut into 2-in. (5 cm) pieces
- 1 lb (450 g) fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated cheddar cheese (4 oz/125 g)
Combine chicken stock, rice and rub in All-Purpose Pot. Cover; bring to a boil over high heat.
Place chicken in 12” (30-cm) Steamer; top with broccoli. Place Steamer on pot. Cover; reduce heat to medium-high.
Cook 12-14 minutes or until chicken is done and broccoli is tender.
Turn off heat. Add chicken and broccoli to rice mixture and mix gently. Add cheese and mix until cheese is melted.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 400, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 500 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 37 g
Instead of Three Onion Rub, you may stir in 3-4 thinly sliced green onions and salt and pepper to taste in Step 4.