Sous Vide Fire-Roasted Chicken
Turn up the flavor on chicken night with a fire-roasted tomato sauce. This new family favorite can be served as-is or over pasta.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1" (2.5-cm) thick (6 oz./175 g each)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz./398 mL) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Optional: Grated Parmesan cheese
Fill the inner pot of the Deluxe Multi Cooker to the 1/2 fill line with water. Lock the lid and select SOUS VIDE. Set to 145°F (63°C) and the timer to 2 hours. Press and hold START.
- Season the chicken with salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper. Place in a single layer in a gallon-sized resealable bag, remove the air, and seal.
When you hear three beeps and Add is displayed, open the lid and submerge the bag with the seal above the water. Lock the lid; press START. When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Remove the bag from the water. Remove the chicken from the bag reserving the juice.
- For the sauce, pour the water out of inner pot and wipe dry. Set to SEAR on Med and heat the oil for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic begins to brown, 1–2 minutes. Add the onion and cook until softened, 3–4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes and reserved juice. Simmer until slightly reduced, 3–4 minutes. Press CANCEL. Stir in the basil.
- To serve, pour half of the sauce into a serving dish. Top with the chicken and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if you’d like.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 125mg, Sodium 890 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 4 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 40 g