Rosemary Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza
The key to this pizza is the rosemary herb roasted butternut squash. It adds just the right amount of warming fall flavor and makes for such a delicious pizza! We're loving this recipe from Tieghan Gerard at Half-Baked Harvest.
- ½ lb. (250 g) pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium butternut squash, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) basil pesto
- 3 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded fontina cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Optional: Fresh basil for serving
- Position the oven rack in the upper ⅓ portion of your oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
Place the pizza dough on a lightly oiled quarter sheet pan. Gently press the dough until it covers most of the sheet pan. Cover and let it sit while you prep the pizza.
On another baking sheet, toss together the olive oil, butternut squash, seasoning mix, honey, and a pinch of red pepper flakes, if you’d like. Roast for 15–20 minutes, until the squash is just tender, then remove from oven. Increase the heat to 500°F (260°C).
To assemble, spread the pesto onto the dough. Next, layer on the butternut squash mixture and bacon, then top with the cheeses.
Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pizza, and bake for another 3–5 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted. Top with fresh basil, if you’d like.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 770 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 4 g (includes 2 g added sugar), Protein 16 g