Lemon Garlic Chicken Kebabs
These chicken skewers are flavorful and refreshing, perfect for a summer grill-out!
- Chicken Kebabs
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Lemon Garlic Rub
- ½ zucchini, sliced into ½" (1-cm) half moons
- 1 small onion, cut into 1" (2.5-cm) chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" (2.5-cm) chunks
- Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lemon Garlic Rub
- For Serving
- Optional: Cooked rice or green salad
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 30 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 3 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 36 g
Preferred Protein: Change out the chicken for beef tenderloin, New York strip steak (or any other kind of steak!), lamb, or pork. If you’re looking for a meatless option, try portobello mushrooms!
Veggie Variety: Try adding yellow squash, whole button mushrooms, marinated artichokes, or even chopped asparagus.