Super Bowl Chili
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cans (15 oz/450 g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28 oz/750 g) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz/450 g) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- green or red bell peppers
- sour cream (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- Stir in the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chili powder. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
Serve the chili in bell pepper cups—just hollow out green or red bell peppers with the Scoop Loop™ and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.