Spicy, smoky chipotle chiles make this slow-cooked chili a true taste of Mexico.
- 2 1/2 pounds (1.1 kg) boneless beef stew meat, cut into 1/2" (1 cm) cubes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded an diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped canned chipotle chiles plus 1 tbsp (15 mL) adobo sauce
- 3 cans (14.5 oz each or 796 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- Sliced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, cumin and salt; toss with meat. Place meat in All-Purpose Pot.
Add garlic, onions, bell pepper, chiles, adobo sauce, tomatoes, broth and brown sugar to meat mixture; mix well.
Cover pot. Bake 2 hrs-2 hrs, 15 minutes or until meat is tender. Carefully remove from oven. Stir before serving. Serve with avocado, cheese and sour cream, if desired.
servings of about 1 cup/250 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 240, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 24 g, Sodium 750 mg, Fiber 2 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 starch, 3 low-fat meat (1 carb)
Chipotle chiles are dried, smoked jalapeño peppers. Canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce can be found in the ethnic foods section of most grocery stores.
© 2016 Pampered Chef used under license. Pampered Chef, Pampered Chef and Spoon design, PC and Spoon design and Spoon design are trademarks used under license.
There was an error loading the Component. Please try again later.
Add Order To A Party
Shop With Your Consultant
You will not be connected to a party or Consultant.
You will not be connected to a party.
Your Session Has Timed Out
Sorry, your session has timed out due to inactivity. If you were not signed in, any items in your cart have been removed. Click OK to keep shopping with this Consultant!
content goes here.
content goes here.