Easy Weeknight Chili (For Rockcrok Dutch Oven)
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 ½ lbs. (700 g) 90% lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chili powder
- 2 ½ tsp (12 mL) cumin
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) salt
- ½ can (3 oz/90 g) tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) low-sodium beef broth
- 1 ½ cans (16 oz or 398 mL each) or 2½ cups (625 mL) fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 ½ cans (16 oz or 398 mL each) or 2 ½ cups (625 mL) mild chili beans in sauce, undrained
- Sliced green onion, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeno slices (optional)
Heat the oil in the Rockrok® Dutch Oven over medium heat for 3–5 minutes, or until shimmering.
Meanwhile, cut the onion into chunks. Process the onion in batches in the Manual Food Processor until finely chopped.
Add the onion to the Dutch Oven. Cook and stir, uncovered, for 2–3 minutes or until the onions are slightly softened.
Add the ground beef and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Cook over high heat for 8–10 minutes, using the Mix ‘N Chop to break the beef into crumbles. When the beef is no longer pink, drain (if necessary).
Stir in the remaining chili ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve topped with sour cream, green onion, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, or jalapeño slices, if desired.
- 7 servings of 1½ cups (375 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 310, Total Fat 12 g,
Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 1030 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Fiber 9 g,
Sugars 3 g. Protein 27 g