Turkey & Pesto Ravioli with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Wonton wrappers make it easy to make these healthy, great-tasting ravioli.
- 6 oz (175 g) 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh parsley
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled, divided
- 3 shallots, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 oz (15 g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) marscarpone cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 24 round wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 cups (500 mL) grape tomatoes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
- Shaved Parmesan cheese and thinly sliced fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
For ravioli, place turkey in Classic Batter Bowl; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Break up turkey using Mix ‘N Chop. Drain well and return to batter bowl. Place basil, parsley, two of the garlic cloves, one of the shallots and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the stock in Manual Food Processor; cover and pump handle until finely chopped. Add herb mixture, Parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the mascarpone cheese and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the black pepper to turkey; mix well.
Place 12 wonton wrappers on flat side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Using level Medium Scoop, scoop turkey mixture onto centers of wrappers; lightly brush edges with water. Place remaining wrappers over filling, pressing around filling. Using rounded edge of (2 1/2-in./6-cm) Biscuit Cutter, press around filling to seal firmly.
Finely chop remaining shallots using Food Chopper. Spray (12-in./30-cm) Skillet with olive oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Add remaining shallots and remaining garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook and stir over medium heat 60-90 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) stock, tomatoes and sugar; cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst. Crush tomatoes with Mix ‘N Chop. Stir in remaining mascarpone and black pepper. Add ravioli to Skillet; cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until tender, gently swirling Skillet to coat ravioli with sauce. Garnish with additional Parmesan and basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 4 servings of 3
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 19 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 2 g
Use the Vegetable Peeler to shave Parmesan cheese.