Smoky Chicken Fettuccini
- 8 oz (250 g) uncooked fettuccini, broken in half
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) half and half
- 2 oz (60 g) smoked Provolone cheese (1/2 cup/125 mL grated)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh parsley
Cook pasta according to package directions. Add peas to pasta; drain.
Cut bacon into 1/2-in. (1-cm) pieces. Cook bacon in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from Skillet; drain on paper towels. Drain grease from Skillet (do not wipe out).
Thinly slice garlic using Garlic Slicer. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper to Skillet. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add pasta, peas, bacon, chicken, half and half, cheese, black pepper and salt to Skillet; toss well to coat. Cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and mixture is hot. Sprinkle with parsley; serve immediately.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 26 g, Sodium 400 mg, Fiber 3 g