Fresh Vegetable Lasagna Bake
- Vegetable Mixture
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, ends removed
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 pkg (8 oz/228 g) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 jar (7 oz) roasted red bell peppers, undrained (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Sweet Basil Rub
- 1 can (14.5 oz/398 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Cheese Filling
- 1 container (15 oz/425 g) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz/250 g), divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Sweet Basil Rub
- 8 uncooked no-boil lasagna noodles (about 5 oz/150 g), broken into small pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). For vegetable mixture, cut off top of bell pepper; remove seeds and veins. Cut into chunks. Using Simple Slicer on #2 setting, slice zucchini. Finely chop onion.
Heat oil in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes or until shimmering. Add onion, mushrooms and pressed garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add yellow bell peppers and zucchini; cook 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Set aside.
For sauce, process red bell peppers and rub in Manual Food Processor until finely chopped. Carefully remove blade. Stir in diced tomatoes, water and salt.
For cheese filling, combine ricotta, spinach, half of the cheese, egg and rub in a large bowl; mix well.
To assemble lasagna, combine noodles and 1½ cups (375 mL) of the sauce in Large Baker; stir and spread evenly. Top with vegetable mixture. Using Large Scoop, evenly place cheese filling over vegetables. Flatten the filling with the back of Scoop. Top with remaining sauce and remaining shredded cheese.
Cover baker with aluminum foil; bake 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until edges are light golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove from oven to cooling rack; let stand 10 minutes.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 630 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 13 g
Lasagna can be made up to a day ahead. Cover baker with aluminum foil and refrigerate. When ready to bake, remove baker from refrigerator while preheating oven. Increase covered bake time 10 minutes.