Double Duty Meatballs
One recipe of zesty meatballs makes two great meals—Italian Meatball Sub and Spaghetti with Meatballs.
- 1 jar (26-28 ounces/725-750 g) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds (700 g) lean (90%) ground beef
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread 2/3 cup of the spaghetti sauce over bottom of Rectangular Baker. Chop onion using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine onion, ground beef, oats, 1/3 cup of the sauce, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt; mix gently. Using Small Scoop, shape meat mixture into balls; place in Baker. Bake 10 minutes. Pour remaining sauce over meatballs. Continue baking 20 minutes. Place 24 meatballs and half of the sauce from Baker in covered container; refrigerate for later use in Spaghetti with Meatballs. Use remaining 24 meatballs with sauce to make Italian Meatball Sub.
- 48 meatballs