Barbecue Beef Panini Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) barbecue sauce
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- 8 slices (3/4 oz/20 g each) thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- 12 oz (350 g) thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onion
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce; mix well. Lightly spray one side of each bread slice with oil. Place bread slices oil side down; spread with mayonnaise mixture.
Heat Grill Pan and Grill Press over medium-low heat 5 minutes. Meanwhile, top each of four bread slices with one slice cheese, roast beef and red onion. Top with remaining cheese and remaining bread slices, oil side up.
Place sandwiches onto Grill Pan; place press on top. Grill sandwiches 1-2 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, carefully turning sandwiches over halfway through. Serve immediately.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 33 g, Sodium 1670 mg, Fiber 2 g