Artichoke Zucchini Frittata
This simple frittata comes together easily and is the perfect main dish for your brunch.
- Canola oil for spraying pan
- 1 large zucchini
- 6 oz (170 g) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 8 whole eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 egg whites
- 2 jars (7.5 oz/212 g each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) snipped fresh basil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (1 oz/28 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce (optional, see below)
Place cream cheese in 4-qt. Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl; whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Whisk in eggs, four at a time until combined. Stir in zucchini, artichokes, 2 tbsp basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Pour egg mixture into baker. Bake 25-30 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese and remaining 2 tbsp basil. Cut frittata into 8 squares. Serve with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, if desired.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 190, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 205 mg, Sodium 450 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 11 g
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
Place 1 jar (12 oz/ g) roasted red bell pepper, drained, 2 tbsp water, 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) tomato paste and 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) balsamic vinegar in Manual Food Processor; process until almost smooth. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in (1.5-qt./1.4 L) Saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped onion; cook and stir until softened, about 3 minutes. Transfer bell pepper mixture to saucepan; heat over low heat until hot.