Broccoli Crust Pizza
This green pizza has a broccoli and almond flour crust that's topped with fresh mozzarella, avocado, red onion, and arugula. Lemon juice keeps the flavors bright.
- 12 oz. (350 g) broccoli florets
- 2½ oz. (75 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1¼ cups/300 mL grated)
- 3 oz. (90 g) oz. (90 g) mozzarella cheese (about ¾ cup/175 mL grated)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125 mL) almond flour
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 8 oz. (250 g) fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 avocado, pitted
- ¼ medium red onion
- ¼ cup (50 mL) prepared pesto (see cook’s tip)
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
- ½ lemon
- Place the broccoli florets into a food processorand process until very finely chopped.
Add the broccoli to a medium mixing bowl and microwave, covered, on HIGH, for 2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Coarsely grate the Parmesan and mozzarella. Add the cheeses and remaining crust ingredients to the bowl and stir until combined.
Place the broccoli mixture onto the stone and spread it evenly, leaving a ½" (1.25-cm) border (see photo in cook's tip). Bake for 20–22 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.
- Slice the mozzarella and avocado into ¼" (6 mm) slices. Slice the onion into 1/16” (1-2 mm) slices. Top the broccoli crust with pesto, cheese, arugula, avocado, and onion. Juice the lemon over the pizza.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 420 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 11 g
To make your own pesto, place 2 cups (500 mL) of basil, ¼ cup (50 mL) of pine nuts, and 1 peeled garlic clove in the Manual Food Processor and process until finely chopped. Add ⅓ cup (75 mL) of olive oil, 1 oz. (30 g) of grated Parmesan cheese, ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) of salt, and ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) of black pepper. Process to the desired consistency, removing the lid and scraping down the sides of bowl as needed.
Watch this video to see how to make the recipe: