Veggie Noodles with Fresh Tomato-Basil Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 pkg (10.5 oz/595 g each) grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted vegetable stock, chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1 large eggplant, unpeeled
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 3/4 oz (20 g) fresh basil leaves, snipped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and black pepper
Heat oil in All-Purpose Pot over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add pressed garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add tomatoes and chicken stock. Cover; bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until tomatoes burst. Gently squeeze any whole tomatoes with Chef’s Tongs. Using Veggie Strip Maker, grate vegetables into long strips, avoiding seeds. Stir vegetables into tomato/broth mixture. Cook, uncovered, 3-6 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
Stir in basil, salt and pepper.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 80, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 4 g
For variety, stir in any of the following in Step 4.
• Fresh baby spinach
• Diced cooked chicken, Italian sausage or cannellini beans.