Ginger Citrus Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken tenders
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 cup (250 mL) red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Ginger Citrus Rub or Asian Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 12 medium or large Bibb lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
Arrange chicken in Small Ridged Baker; season with salt and pepper. Cover with paper towel and microwave on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 165ºF (74ºC). Remove chicken from baker to Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; cool in freezer.
Thinly slice green onions; set aside. Using Julienne Peeler, cut carrot into long strips. Cut strips into small pieces. Place all of the grapes in Close & Cut. Using Color Coated Chef’s Knife, cut grapes in half (see Cook’s Tips).
Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter . Using a heaping Large Scoop, place chicken salad evenly onto lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
- 6 servings of 2 wraps
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (2 wraps): Calories 160, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 420 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 19 g
Press down on the top of the Close & Cut and use a sawing motion to cut the grapes. The tip of the knife should stay outside of the Close & Cut when slicing.
To toast almonds, spread in bottom of Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Cool completely.