Chicken & Waffle Brunch Bake
The southern brunch classic gets an updated alternative.
- Canola oil for spraying baker
- 1 pkg (10.9 oz or 248 g) frozen mini waffles
- 8 oz (250 g) fully cooked breakfast-style chicken or turkey sausage
- 3 green onions
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/4-1/2 tsp (1-2 mL) Hot sauce (optional)
Break apart each waffle into four pieces and place in baker, slightly overlapping.
Cut chicken sausage and green onions into chunks, then coarsely chop with Food Chopper.
Combine sausage, onions, eggs, milk, salt and pepper in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix well and pour over waffles
Bake 16-18 minutes or until set and knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Microwave maple syrup and hot sauce (if desired) in 1-cup (250-mL) Silicone Prep Bowl on HIGH 30-45 seconds.
Remove baker from oven; let cool slightly before cutting into 16 squares. Drizzle each square with warm syrup.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 160, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Sodium 340 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 9 g