Pressure Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo
This pressure cooker alfredo tastes rich, but the cauliflower and Greek yogurt keep it on the healthy side of decadence.
- 1 small onion
- 8–9 oz. (250–275 g) cauliflower (about ⅓ of a medium head)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2½ cups (625 mL) vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 cups (750 mL) dry medium shell pasta (about 9 oz./275 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 oz. (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1 cup/250 mL grated), divided
- ¾ cup (175 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- Cut the onion into chunks and place them into the Manual Food Processor; process until finely chopped. Place the chopped onion into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Finely chop the cauliflower in the Manual Food Processor to measure 2 cups (500 mL).
- Set the Deluxe Multi Cooker to SEAR and press START. Heat the oil in the inner pot for 3 minutes. Add the onion and cauliflower. Cook and stir for 3–4 minutes, or until the vegetables soften.* Press CANCEL.
- Add the broth and pasta. Lock the lid and select the CUSTOM setting. Adjust time to 5 minutes and press START.
- Place the butter in the 1-qt. (1-L) Micro‑Cooker®, and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for about 30 seconds, or until melted. Add the garlic with the Garlic Press and salt.
- Place the cornstarch in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk the milk mixture into the Micro-Cooker®. Cover and microwave for 1–1½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until mixture is thickened.
- Grate the Parmesan with the Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater.
- Stir ½ cup (125 mL) of the cheese and all of the yogurt into the sauce until well combined.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure. Stir in the sauce, peas, and pepper, and top with the remaining cheese. Let it stand for 2–3 minutes to thicken before serving.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 820 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 8 g, Protein 16 g
*Safety Tip: The stainless steel inner pot will be hot during and after cooking. Use a long-handled utensil when stirring and removing food.