Light and delicious spaghetti made in the microwave!
- 2 lemons
- 12 oz (350 g) uncooked thin spaghetti noodles
- 2 cans (14.5 oz/398 mL each) reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 3½ cups/875 mL)
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup (250 mL) small broccoli florets
Break noodles in half. Combine noodles, broth and lemon juice in Deep Covered Baker.
Microwave, covered, on HIGH 11-13 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed stirring once halfway through cooking using Chef’s Tongs.
Process garlic, Parmesan, parsley, zest, oil and pepper in Manual Food Processor until parsley is finely chopped.
Carefully remove baker from microwave using Microwave Grips. Add Parmesan mixture to baker; mix well using Chef’s Tongs.
Stir in tomatoes, chicken and broccoli. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 440 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 26 g
To get diced cooked chicken breasts, you can either buy pre-packaged fully cooked chicken breast strips or you can microwave chicken breasts, covered with Parchment Paper, in the Small Ridged Baker, for 5-6 minutes or until 165°F (74°C). Cool before dicing.