This giant taco makes for a fun mid-week meal!
- 3 tsp (15 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz/283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Tex-Mex Rub, divided
- 6 oz (175 g) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lime
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb (350 g) 90% lean ground beef
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced romaine lettuce
Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Lightly brush Large Round Stone with Handles with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Unroll pizza dough onto stone and roll to an even thickness to within ¼ in. (1 cm) of the edge of stone using Baker’s Roller®.
Lightly brush dough with remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) oil; sprinkle with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the rub. Bake 10-13 minutes or until edges are very light golden brown.
For salsa, add tomatoes, cilantro, pepper and lime juice to remaining onion in processor; process until coarsely chopped. Drain salsa.
Add beef and remaining 5 tsp (25 mL) rub to onion in batter bowl; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Break beef into crumbles halfway through cooking using Mix ‘N Chop. Drain beef mixture using small Stainless Mesh Colander.
Spread beef mixture over one half of the crust. Top beef with remaining cheese, lettuce and salsa.
Fold top half of crust over filling; cut into six wedges using Color Coated Bread Knife.
- 6 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 410, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 880 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 23 g