Family-Size Baked Burrito
There's no need to fill and fold individual burritos. With this whimsical method, you can make one giant burrito the whole family can share.
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced cooked chicken (12 ounces/375 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1/2 lime
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) thick and chunky salsa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Southwestern Seasoning Mix
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz/375 mL) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas (10 in./25 cm)
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) bean dip
- Assorted topping such as shredded lettuce, sliced pitted ripe olives, snipped fresh cilantro and Avocado Lime Sauce (See Cook's Tip, optional)
Preheat oven to 425°F. Using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with adjustable thin slicing blade, thinly slice tomatoes; set aside. Dice chicken using Chef's Knife. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Juice lime half into Classic Batter Bowl using Citrus Press. Add chicken, onion, salsa, seasoning mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Microwave chicken mixture 3-4 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally using Mix ‘N Scraper®. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
Arrange tortillas in an overlapping circular pattern on Large Round Stone with Handles, covering entire surface of baking stone. (Tortillas will extend off edge of baking stone by 5 inches.) Starting in center, spread bean dip over tortillas using Large Spreader, forming a 10 x 10-inch square. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over bean dip. Fold edges of tortillas up over chicken mixture in an envelope pattern.
Arrange 16 tomato slices in rows over top of burrito. Sprinkle remaining cheese over burrito, covering completely. Bake 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are browned. Cut into rectangles using Utility Knife; serve with assorted toppings and Avocado Lime Sauce, if desired.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 24 g, Sodium 840 mg, Fiber 1 g
To make Avocado Lime Sauce, mash 1 ripe avocado in Classic Batter Bowl using Nylon Masher. Stir in 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle over burrito.