- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg (.25 oz/10 g) quick-rising dry yeast (see Cook's Tip)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) very warm water (125°-130°F/52°-54°C)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) assorted toppings such as chopped green bell pepper, chopped onion and sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz/250 g)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (1 oz/30 g)
Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Sprinkle flat Rectangle Stone with cornmeal; set aside. Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt in medium mixing bowl. Add water and oil; stir until mixture forms a ball.
Place dough on lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 3‑4 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
Place dough in center of prepared baking stone; roll within 1 in. (2.5 cm) of edge. Spread pizza sauce onto crust to within 1/4 in. (6 mm) of edge. Top with assorted toppings, if desired; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 16-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Protein 23 g, Sodium 760 mg, Fiber 2 g
Quick-rising or rapid-rise yeast is an instant form of yeast that is added directly to the dry ingredients and does not need to be dissolved in water before using. To substitute active dry yeast, combine yeast with warm water and sugar; let stand 5 minutes or until foamy. Proceed as recipe directs.