Thai Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 3 cups (750 mL) uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) water
- Coconut Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) lite coconut milk (shake before opening)
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- Vegetables & Toppings
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
Combine rice and water in Rice Cooker Plus; microwave, covered, on HIGH 12 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together coconut sauce ingredients; set aside.
Cut off ends of bell pepper; cut into four pieces to separate from seeds; cut pieces in half. Slice bell pepper with Spiral & Slice over mixing bowl. Add edamame to bowl; toss vegetables thoroughly with Large Chef’s Tongs.
Heat oil in Stir-Fry Skillet or 12” (30-cm) Skillet over medium heat 3–5 minutes. Press garlic into Skillet with Garlic Press; cook and stir 30–45 seconds or until fragrant. Whisk coconut sauce and add to Skillet, stir until thickened (less than 1 minute).
Add vegetables to Skillet; toss well to coat. Cook, uncovered, 3–6 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and mixture is heated through, stirring frequently.
- servings of 6
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 52 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 15 g