One-Pot Chicken & Gnocchi
Even the pickiest eaters will love the pillowy-soft gnocchi and juicy chicken thighs.
- 2 slices bacon, cut into ½" (1-cm) pieces
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4 oz./125 g each)
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian Seasoning Mix, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups (500 mL) 2% or whole milk
- 1 lb. (450 g) potato gnocchi
- 2 oz. (60 g) Parmesan cheese, finely grated (1 cup/250 mL)
- ½ cup (125 mL) frozen peas
Heat the Enameled Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat for 2–3 minutes. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, 5–7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and 2 tsp (10 mL) of the seasoning mix. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, 5–7 minutes per side, or until the temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic, and cook until fragrant, 10–20 seconds. Add the milk, gnocchi, cheese, bacon, and remaining seasoning mix. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, stirring frequently, until the milk has reduced slightly and started to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the peas. Add the chicken and cook on medium-low for an additional 3–5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Sodium 770 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 4 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 32 g
We love that this sauce doesn’t use heavy cream. The gnocchi releases starch as it simmers in milk, transforming it into a rich sauce.