Pressure Cooker Barbacoa Burrito Bowl With Cilantro-Lime Rice
Why get a takeout burrito bowl when you can make these tender and tangy barbacoa bowls topped with your favorite toppings and served over cilantro lime rice?
- Barbacoa Beef
- ½ cup (125 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce (canned)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Chipotle Rub
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1½ lbs. (700 g) beef chuck or pot roast, fat trimmed, cut into 2" (5-cm) cubes
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- Cilantro-Lime Rice
- 1½ cups (375 mL) long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 2 cups (500 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- ½ lime, juiced
- Optional toppings: Lime wedges, avocado slices, sliced green onions, tomato, cheese, jalapeños, guacamole
- Combine the chicken broth, vinegar, lime juice, chipotle peppers, rub, and garlic in a narrow jar or container. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
Set the Deluxe Multi Cooker to SEAR on high. Heat the oil in the inner pot for 3 minutes. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add the beef and brown on all sides. Pour the chipotle mixture over the beef and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- . To make the rice, place the rice, broth, garlic, and half of the cilantro into the Pressure Cooker Ceramic Pot and cover. Place the wire rack in the inner pot with the beef. Place the pot into the wire cradle and lower it onto the wire rack. Set to BEEF/PORK for 20 minutes.
- When the timer is up, let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes, then press CANCEL. Press STEAM-RELEASE. Carefully remove everything from the inner pot.
- To serve, fluff the rice with the remaining cilantro and the lime juice. Shred the beef. Place the rice and beef in a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 610 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 1 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 27 g
Love the chipotle sauce? Of course you do! Go ahead and use it with chicken, fish, or pork carnitas, to give any meal a zesty boost.