Juicy Lucy Stuffed Burgers
- 4 slices American cheese process slice
- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g) 85% lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic salt
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Optional toppers: crisply cooked bacon slices, dill pickle slices, tomato slices, lettuce leaves, red onion slices or avocado slices
Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400-450°F/200-230°C).
Cut each cheese slice into quarters. Stack the pieces on top of each other to form 4 stacks; set aside.
Combine ground beef and Worcestershire sauce in large mixing bowl; mix gently until thoroughly combined. Divide meat mixture into 8 portions. Using Burger & Slider Press, press into patties.
Place one stack of cheese in the center of 4 patties. Top with the second patty and pinch the edges to form a tight seal. Sprinkle outside of patties with garlic salt.
Grill patties, covered, 10-11 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140°F/60°C (for medium doneness), turning halfway through grill time. Place burgers in buns. Serve with condiments and toppings, if desired.
- 4 burgers
1 servings of sandwich